Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Popponesset Inn

Tonight was ladies night which meant we got to dine at the Popponesset Inn. The Inn is right on the water and is a small, intimate place that I really enjoy. Not only have we been going here for years, my sister got married here and I had a friend from college work here one summer so that was my excuse to come down and visit.Anyway, this is always a very enjoyable evening with my mother, sister, sister-in-law, cousins and aunt. The conversation is easy and the laughter plentiful. The talk of children usually dominates the conversation but there are always new stories to tell and old stories that we love to hear again. I am hopeful that the time we are all spending down on the Cape every summer is cultivating the close relationships in our kids that I feel I have with my cousins. Family is what it is all about and living so far from everyone makes it more of a challenge but that is a challenge I am more than willing to tackle.

1 comment:

Mel said...

True words. I have no doubt your kids will have the same feelings you do about family. I am envious of you and happy for you all at the same time.