Well, in between making meatballs for dinner and picking Sarah and her friends up from band, we managed to shovel the majority of the driveway again. Of course the kids were helping. At this point Colin was looking for something to do that wasn't outside in the snow. He had the perfect thing. He would build the Sears Tower (out of Legos).
Thursday, January 7, 2010
The Sears Tower
The forecast was for snow. 36 hours of snow to be exact. So when I woke up this morning I bundled up and headed out to shovel the driveway before we had to leave for school and work. Dan thinks I am crazy but I would rather shovel three times when there is only a little bit of snow, than once with a whole lot of snow. As predicted, it snowed very lightly most of the day so when I got home from work I parked in the neighbor's driveway so as not to pack down the snow and make it more difficult to shovel. I am always looking for ways to make my life easier! I was stunned, however, to find tire tracks in the driveway from one end to the other. Matthew was home from school so I asked him about the tire tracks. This was his answer. "Well, after Sully dropped me off I threw a snowball at his car so he pulled all the way up the driveway and then backed out again." Mr. He-who-can't-resist-throwing-anything strikes again.
Well, in between making meatballs for dinner and picking Sarah and her friends up from band, we managed to shovel the majority of the driveway again. Of course the kids were helping. At this point Colin was looking for something to do that wasn't outside in the snow. He had the perfect thing. He would build the Sears Tower (out of Legos).
It was the perfect distraction, and look how cool it is! It starting to snow again so Sarah and I went out to do one more shoveling after dinner. One of my fond childhood memories is shoveling the driveway after dinner. The glow of the moon on the white snow made it look really special and of course after the shoveling was over we would slide around or jump in the snow and just have fun. Well it looks like I will be out again early in the morning to shovel the driveway before we leave for school and work tomorrow. Let it snow!
Well, in between making meatballs for dinner and picking Sarah and her friends up from band, we managed to shovel the majority of the driveway again. Of course the kids were helping. At this point Colin was looking for something to do that wasn't outside in the snow. He had the perfect thing. He would build the Sears Tower (out of Legos).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I don't recall you kids thinking shoveling was fun! Funny how time alters your perspective!! Love the Sears Tower!
Post a Comment