Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Frank and Joan
Tonight I was pulling out of the garage to get Colin from basketball practice just as Dan was pulling in the garage. We both stopped and rolled down the windows. He said "See you later Joan." as I was saying "See you later Frank." This may strike you as odd but there is a story behind it. Our old neighbors, Frank and Joan, were hardly ever in the house at the same time. If you saw him come home, you would see her leave shortly thereafter and vice versa. This went on for the seven years we lived next to them. When the kids were little I would often wait for Dan to get home to go somewhere. We started calling each other Frank and Joan when this happened. Well, it is eight years since we were their neighbors and we are still doing it. We laugh every time it happens.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment