........From the desk of Santa Claus
'Twas the month after christmas, when all thru the dwelling
All nerves have been calmed, Ahh...no more season's yelling
The tree's been dismantled, the bells stowed away
down in the basement to be erected again one day
The children aloft and fast sound asleep
noon long has since passed, no sound has did peep
And I'm in my trousers, those with extra room
Just settling down with some chili, and a brew
To front door the dog dashed like a rabbit
From the couch I arose uttering "What now...G%@ damn it"
Dug hit the door with malice in heart
The poor UPS guy was ready to dart
I open the door and saw past the light fog
Reaching over my big belly, with fingers like hot dogs
When what to my wondrous eyes does appear
A box that said "Booze", and it wasn't like beer
I snatched to box up to open it quick
Thinking: not all in one night, as she's sure to get sick
As the note I did read from friends I so care
With any real luck, I won't have to share
The gift was soon opened to much my delight
Call all of them over and let's stay up all night!!!
Merry Christmas and see you next year...
Santa & Mrs. Claus
What??!!?? I didn't get a bottle of booze or anything. What does it mean? What am I supposed to do? Did anyone else get a letter? So many questions and no answers. This is the first mystery of 2010.
1 comment:
Not me!!!....but "curiosity killed the cat, satisfaction brought it back"
Post a Comment