
The day started with Sarah doing yesterday's homework since she had to miss school for tech rehearsal. Then she moved right into practicing a few steps for dress rehearsal and opening night. You can't be too sure of the steps!

We headed downtown and couldn't have timed it more perfectly. Since I was working backstage, we both headed up to the dressing rooms as soon as we got there. All the dancers were very excited about dress rehearsal, especially those who had not yet been in it. Sarah and her newest soldier buddy we busy fixing makeup while the volunteers were trying to figure out where the rest of the volunteers were. I ended up having to take the dolls to the wig room because there was only one volunteer with them. What a treat that was though. The smiles on the faces of the three girls when their wigs/hats were put on there heads was just priceless. I don't even know who they are, but that moment will be with them forever! Shortly after I returned with the dolls, I was headed back down to wigs with the snow tree angels to show the new volunteer where to go. This time when I got back the soldiers were already putting their costumes on. The dresser, JJ, had them a little confused when it came time to put on the hats, but things were ironed out quickly and the red cheek dots were handed out to each soldier. Next, they lined up in reverse order and we 'marched' down the stairs so they could wait on another set of stairs before being escorted on stage. Things moved rather fast at that point, and then I was back up in the boy dressing room (my actual assigned dressing room for dress rehearsal) helping the boys. Next thing I know I am being asked to take one of the dolls back to wigs because her hat had fallen off. That was a new one to me! So back down I go to wigs and wait for the wig lady to finish securely fastening the hat so I can go back up to the dressing rooms. On our way we saw all the soldiers heading out so I quickly grabbed my thing and the one remaining boy and made a dash for the exit (by the way you have to all the way back to wigs and then down one more hallway to get to the exit). There was much chaos at this point and one of the dancers couldn't be located, but was finally found in the dressing room where the rest of her group had vacated fifteen or so minutes prior. It was a mess. Now that everyone was accounted for, I took my soldier and her new soldier buddy to Panera for a quick bite to eat. They were having a great time.

We waited for her mom to meet and then went to CVS next door to by some red lipstick. The girls were having a great time looking at everything. And I mean everything! They even decided to get a free blood pressure reading. They were all smiles.

We still have time to kill so we headed over to the library across the other street for just a bit of quiet time. The building was beautiful and the girls kept on smiling.

Opening night was now calling so, after stopping at Dunkin' Donuts for one last hot chocolate/coffee, we walked the girls to the stage door, kissed them and wished them luck. We were now all smiles because we couldn't wait to see the show. I met up now with Dan for a very quick glass of wine and then off to the show. The show was terrific and the Sugar Plum Fairy was danced by my favorite! Truly delightful. Great job, Sarah. I love you!
3 comments:
Sounds great...was your sugarplum Victoria, Meg, or April? I feel like opening casting would be Meg as Sugarplum and Victoria as snow...but if I recollect Victoria is your fav...
Victoria was sugar plum. Snow was one of the new dancers.
Post a Comment