Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Carvalho Tradition


This is our 'Stair Picture' this year. I mentioned it in the Christmas Day blog. Since I was a child, every Christmas morning, my brothers and sister and I would stand on the staircase and smile for the annual stair picture. To be honest, I am not sure how this all started, but I now have sixteen years of stair pictures of my own family in a separate album. Well, the first year is just a picture of Dan and I from Christmas Eve 1994, but it seemed a nice way to start this special album. The fifteen pictures that follow, show how our family has grown and how the children and dog have changed over the years. They aren't always the best pictures (after all, the picture is taken moments after we have gotten up), but for me it is another family tradition that I cherish and wanted to carry on. Thanks Mom and Dad for this wonderful tradition.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and I have 48 stair pics!! the 6 Grands that have Christmas morning her still have to go through the agony of the dreaded "stair picture"!!