Today was Sarah's last rehearsal at Joffrey Tower so I brought my friend K downtown with me and we did some exploring. After dropping Sarah off at rehearsal, we made the trek over to Ogilivie Transportation Center. K had read about some sort of Market that was opening there and wanted to check it out. Well it is called Chicago Fresh Market and it is fabulous.

It has fresh fruits, breads, meats, cheeses, fish and seafood, baked good, popcorn and much more.

After stopping at just about each and every place to ask questions and observe (you have to know K, she asks at least ten questions during a brief conversation) we found ourselves entering a drawing for a trip for two to Paris! We got our entries only minutes before the drawing took place. Here are all the entries. Do you think we won?

Well, neither of us won the trip to Paris, but we were able to assist in drawing names for gift certificates to the market vendors. Here is K picking a winner.

We had a great time and definitely recommend the Chicago Fresh Market. We will be going back, sooner rather than later. Thanks K for making the trip. And I have to say that for four years I have been asking people to come downtown with me while Sarah is in rehearsal and no one has ever taken me up on it until today. She might even do it again on a day I am not working backstage. We had a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment