Sunday, May 23, 2010

Never Tear Us Apart

Saturday night was Prom Night. Prom 2010 for the adults that is. My friend KZ came up with this idea a while ago and actually followed through with it. My first thought was to pass on the idea, but when everyone was talking about it I decided to go to prom again. As it turns out, Dan still thought we were passing until it came up in conversation at a baseball game. At noon Saturday, I asked Dan if he wanted to come with me to the Thrift Center because the bridesmaid dress that I had looked hideous on me. With seven hours until prom we headed out to see what we could find. We both picked up something and came out of there with change for a $20.00. Colin was the only one home when we were about to leave so he was volunteered to take the pictures. He was actually excited and said we should take individual pictures first and then we could take some together.


Check out Macki looking out the window!! After making our way to the party (we just cut through our neighbors yard and we were there) we saw that the chaperones had already arrived. No prom is complete without chaperones.
Here are the host and hostess. Aren't they cute?
Everyone coming through the door had to take a picture by the balloon arch. There were some pretty great 'outfits' so here is a series of pictures. This is just Dan and me.

Next we have the guy who is wearing white platform shoes that originally had a goldfish in the heal. Well, the goldfish is still there but the water had already leaked out.
And then we have the couple in blue. There were eventually dubbed Kind and Queen.
This next couple came right from graduation! His mother, as it turns out, has kept everything from his childhood and he managed to grab his cap, gown and letter jacket from high school complete with a melted jolly rancher in the coat pocket. They also happen to be the parents of Matthew's date at last weekend's semiformal.

This guy had the highest floods I have ever seen coupled with the brown velvet tie and ruffled shirt. Very nice.
And finally we have a couple that actually went to prom together!!

If taking pictures by the balloon arch wasn't enough, KZ made everyone also take their picture with this.
It is just a little something she happened to have in her basement. She covered up Happy New Year and added the Prom's theme song to it. Everyone was having a great time and enjoying the music when the dancing finally got started. Colin wanted to make sure we got a picture of us dancing so we asked a neighbor to do the honors.

The next dance was for girls only. I am not sure where everyone else was but we were having a good time.
The night ended fairly early for us since we had to go to 9am mass (Sarah was singing in the choir) but from what I hear the karaoke got started shortly after we left and the party continued for another few hours. Thanks for a great evening and I am looking forward to the next theme party.

As an aside, I attempt to blow dry my hair in the Farrah Fawcett style hair that I used to wear. Not so pretty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! The thrift store was a great idea! I just hope you all behaved.

Mel said...

So wish I had been invited to that one! How fun!!