Saturday, May 15, 2010

I Should Have Known

On Tuesday Matthew told us that he had been invited to the Freshman/Sophomore Semi-Formal at Marist High School. He was going with TL. When I asked who she was he said that he had met her the night he went to Beverly with a couple of friends from high school. A few days later we found out that there was also an after party at TLs house. Now of course we know nothing about this girl or her family so we were a little nervous but agreed that he could go. We went to her house for pictures tonight (Matthew's least favorite part by the way). There were at least twelve couples.
When we first arrived, Dan and I went to the kitchen which is where TL had said the parents were. I introduced myself to the first man I saw and it just so happened to be Mr. L. Less than a minute into the conversion I find out that Mrs. L is good friends with KZ who I am good friends with. In fact, we will all be at the same Prom 2010 party at KZs house next weekend. I couldn't believe it. The next thing I know BB is introducing himself to Dan. When I heard the name I almost died. He is my boss's cousin! The more people we talked to the more connections were made. In fact, after the kids were gone we ended up staying for a little while with some of the adults. Sometimes I forget how small the South Side of Chicago is. I should have known.

Anyway, Matthew and TL looked great and I am sure they will have a great time.

We didn't tell them that Prom 2010 pictures would be at our house next weekend!!!

1 comment:

Mel said...

I can't wait to see the prom pics! He is too cute!