A note about the logsplitter: when I found it in the basement of our first house I didn't know what it was. Then I noticed that something was handwritten on it but what in the world is a logs plitter? I had misread what it said and was dumbfounded for longer than I would like to admit. I can't actually remember how I figured it out but I am sure that Dan shed some light on the subject for me. What would I do without him?
Saturday, May 29, 2010
Logsplitter
With nothing on the calendar for today we decided to fill it with typical Saturday chores. We did dishes, laundry, vacuuming, grocery shopping, mowing the lawn, spraying the weeds, watering the garden and watering the flowers. Because it was such a beautiful day we also decided to undertake a few atypical Saturday activities. Dan poured a concrete pad for the rain barrel, sanded and stained the front porch and I sprayed Wet & Forget on our concrete walk to get rid of the mold/mildew that had grown there and put up a mesh fence around to garden to ward of small creatures that like to nibble. But without a doubt, the highlight of today was splitting logs. Our neighbor had recently cut down one of his smaller trees in the front and cut it into two foot lengths and laid them on our shared wood pile with another neighbor. Matthew found the logsplitter that was in our first house when we bought it and decided to split a few logs. We didn't have a sledge hammer so Matthew walked over to the Bs house to see if they had one. They were a little surprised when he asked to borrow a sledgehammer (What is a teenage boy going to do with a sledgehammer) but to their relief they didn't have one to lend. So Dan went and bought a 6 lb. sledgehammer while he was out getting a few other things. Matthew got right to work.
And before he knew it he was halfway through the pile. After a short break (he is studying for his exams) he was back at it. Only this time he would have to share the logs with Colin and Sarah. They each had their own unique technique, but the logs were being split either way.

This, however, is my favorite picture.
The log splitter didn't quite do the trick on this log so Colin decided to take things into his own hands, literally, and just tear it apart himself. Nice job!
A note about the logsplitter: when I found it in the basement of our first house I didn't know what it was. Then I noticed that something was handwritten on it but what in the world is a logs plitter? I had misread what it said and was dumbfounded for longer than I would like to admit. I can't actually remember how I figured it out but I am sure that Dan shed some light on the subject for me. What would I do without him?
A note about the logsplitter: when I found it in the basement of our first house I didn't know what it was. Then I noticed that something was handwritten on it but what in the world is a logs plitter? I had misread what it said and was dumbfounded for longer than I would like to admit. I can't actually remember how I figured it out but I am sure that Dan shed some light on the subject for me. What would I do without him?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Don't feel bad Boots, I still wouldn't know a log splitter if I tripped over one!!! and according to my spell check it is one word, not two! Who knew?
OOPS!!!it is two words, not one!!!
Post a Comment