Monday, May 17, 2010

Left or Right

The cover of the May issue of Real Simple caught my eye when it arrived several weeks ago. It said "Organize Your Life". Well I sure could use a lot of organizing which in truth is surprising since I used to be organized in most areas of my life. I was somewhat comforted while reading the editor's comments because she too is no longer organized after getting married and having children. I am not alone...phew.

Anyway, there was a quiz you could take to see if you were left-brained or right-brained. According to the article it is important to understand what 'brained' you are because both can be organized. The end result will look totally different but it will be organized none the less. We decided to take the quiz as a family and had some laughed along the way. After answering all the questions you had to count how many yeses you had for the odd number questions and even numbered questions. The more odd numbered yeses you had you were left-brained and of course the more even numbered yeses you were right-brained. Matthew did the tabulating and started with me. When he was done he said "Mom, you are odd-brained." That got a laugh because he meant to say left-brained. (He must be bird-brained!!!) We weren't surprised when we found out down was right-brained. (Opposites attract, right?) Sarah and Colin were also left-brained and Matthew was right brained after all. I am not sure what we are going to do with all of this information but it sure was fun. If you would like to take the quiz you can go to realsimple.com, click on the Home & Organizing tab then click on the picture with the marble bust and board with jewelry pinned on it. If you scroll over it it says jewelry-right. The first page has a bit of information and the quiz can be found by clicking on the link beside the word Next. Have fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You got your left "brainedness" from me. Cait and I did that test at the Cape last weekend. She,of course, is right brained! Nd by the way, I think it is the June issue.