Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Smell and Memory
Tonight I was making dinner and just as I added the wine, water and oregano it hit me; the smell of Nick's Pizza.
I was able to find this picture on the internet, but believe me it wasn't easy. I can't even tell you how many times we got pizza from Nick's but it was a lot. My mom liked the green pepper and onion pizza. I remember thinking how horrible that sounded, but now I like it. We also had many a pepperoni pizza, hamburg pizza, sausage pizza and if we ordered enough we would get a free cheese pizza. I think for Sunday Suppers if we were lucky enough to order pizza, we would get a few free pizzas! Such a deal. The only thing I didn't like at Nick's was the parking. I bet that hasn't changed! That moment tonight that I was taken back to my youth was refreshing. It is always fun 'reliving' a nice memory.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We still order from Nick's for Sunday supper from Wynnewood Rd.....but the big difference is we have it delivered. I don't think they had delivery when you were living in Wellesley!!!
Post a Comment