I recall being at someone's 40th birthday party when I was in my early thirties and thinking that was so far away for me. I threw a few verbal jabs his way and he took them in stride.
Then he started wearing reading glasses. I joked that his arms weren't long enough. He laughed.
Then he received his AARP card in the mail. He didn't laugh and I didn't poke fun at him. I am now in my forties using reading glasses and apparently waiting for my AARP card to come in the mail (in four years). The article I read today referenced the aarp.org website where many games can be found to help you flex your mental muscle. Am I really reading these types of articles?? Ugh.
Although I must say I have been enjoying doing the crossword in the RedEye magazine I pick up at Sarah's ballet class. C'est la vie!
1 comment:
No comment! It all just makes me that much older! Just you wait!!!
Post a Comment