After we got home from Colin's basketball game today at 2:30, Colin kept shouting out "They are here!" even before our guests had arrived. He was soooo excited to have his friend FE coming over he couldn't help himself. We had invited our favorite Nutcracker family over for dinner and conversation and we couldn't wait for them to arrive. Finally, Colin shouted "They're here!" and he was right. True to form they arrived with goodies in hand and introduced us to some fabulous cheese and things to snack on before dinner. I had decided to make spaghetti and meatballs and homemade french bread which seemed to be to the liking of everyone. How often does that happen!
Shortly after the snacks were layed out, the kids disappeared and we tasted some new wine and cheese and were able to catch up in person (instead of via our blogs). ME is just such a delight I could spend every day with her. The men did sneak away to catch the end of the USA v Canada game for the gold medal (USA lost in OT). The kids reappeared when the food was served and everyone enjoyed the plentiful meal.
We retired to the family room where a fire was burning in the fireplace. The kids began roasting marshallows over the fire. It is not quite the same experience as roasting marshmallows outside, but we all managed to through it.

The boys had roasted theirs first and were much more animated with the roasting sticks so I waited to capture them by the fire until the sticks were in safer hands (and I don't mean LE's).

Time was slipping away and the Es had more commitments today so we had to say goodbye too soon. No one was too happy when we had to get off the comfy couches by the fire, but we made it into the invitation room for some quicks girls pictures and boy pictures.


Then we agreed we would get together in May at their house. We are already looking forward to that visit, but in the meantime will continue to keep updated on the daily activities via the blog. Thank you so much for coming and making our lives a little bit richer.
4 comments:
Whoa! And I thought I was speedy!! Thank you so much for a wonderful evening. I love the meal and the company...Each of the Elsmo Four are looking forward to May already!!
MB, is that the sweater I brought you from Norway....in 1988?
Yes, that is the same sweater. I still love it!
WOW, money well spent I'd say!!!ionsidic
Post a Comment