Songs often evoke memories of certain people or events. The song Suite Judy Blue Eyes by Crosby Stills & Nash always makes me think of my friend SW. I have known her all my life because our parents have been friends for over fifty years. We always visited them whenever they moved. It would take SW and I almost the entire visit to be comfortable with each other, but we always had a good time. Since we were the same age that meant we would be going to college at the same time. Little did we know that we would go to the same college and room together to boot. Our friendship grew, I am sure to the delight of our parents, and now I consider her one of my sisters. I can't seem to figure out why this song reminds me of her but it is one of my favorite songs.
I had fun today looking back at pictures from college to find one of the two of us. There were many to choose from but this one was the one I had in mind. Those were the days!
2 comments:
I hope Sheila sees this...and her Mom. Why did I think Senior Bar when I saw the picture?
Because it was at Senior Bar!
Post a Comment