Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Fair Trade

Matthew was at Grama's house today with his cousin and friend helping clean up the yard. It was a rainy day so they were only able to get in between the showers but they did manage to get a good amount of work done. During the showers, however, it seems that they were poking around inside Grama's attic, basement and garage. Grama happened to mention that something belonged to Danny and Matthew took that to mean he should bring it home to Daddy.

A street sign which happens to have the name of the street that Dan and I first lived when we got married is the thing that belongs to Danny. I didn't remember him having it so when he got home we asked him why he had it. The story goes like this; If you ask Dan what his favorite job is he would no doubt say when he was selling hotdogs by the lake. I guess they didn't always sell the hotdogs. The Streets and Sanitation guys would purchase some hotdogs with old street signs, this being one of them. I would ask "Can you believe this?" but this is Chicago so I don't need to ask. Well now we have N Sheridan Rd street sign. Who knows where it will end up. The friend Matthew had with him said his dad had a Will Cook Rd sign at his house. I wonder how he ended up with that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A nice memento! I won Chris the Brook St sign when they auctioned the old ones off as a fund raiser for the library.

Mel said...

I think you should hang the sign above the newly repaired popcorn machine!