Last night we attended the Annual Recognition Night at Matthew's High School. It ran just over an hour and over a hundred award were given out. It was great to see all the students that are getting involved in the school and community. I also thought it was great for Matthew to see some of the great opportunities available to him. After the ceremony we were all invited into the cafeteria for fruit, cookies and lemonade. As we were enjoying our snacks, the principal, JM, came over to talk with us. He noticed that Colin was only eating the fruit. Colin told him about his food allergies and that he wasn't sure if he could have the cookies. JM was impressed with the will power Colin had. It was a great evening.
Tonight was the last Mother's Club meeting so I was back at St. L for another night. JM was there and he gave me some pre-packaged cookies for Colin because he couldn't have any last night. I couldn't believe it. That was so thoughtful. When I got home and gave them to Colin he had a look of surprise and delight on his face. I suggested he write a thank you note (I anticipated moans and groans) and he was all over it. He wrote the letter himself although I did help him spell a few words. I think JM will like it.

I do!
No comments:
Post a Comment