Sunday, October 11, 2009

Homecoming Week

It was a busy week for Matthew with Homecoming activities everyday, but Colin and Sarah wanted in and created their own fun. I am not really sure what it is that they are doing, but they were having fun and no one was complaining so I was okay with it. They do look like they are having a good time.

I think Matthew's favorite day was 'roll out of bed day'. He got out of bed, threw on his sweatshirt and was ready to go. They also had toga day, dress like your favorite teacher and chicago sports team day. All the festivities led up to a big football game Friday night. They announced all the senior football players, cheerleaders and band members and the queen and her court for the big dance Saturday night. Oh by the way, both the sophomore and the varsity teams won their games. The freshman game was early Saturday morning so 'no rest for the weary'. Up at 6:00 and off to school to be ready by the time the bus came for the hour long ride to play. Dan went to the game. I wasn't planning on going because of Sarah's rehearsals, but as it turned out she and Colin were both sick so no one went anywhere. I was getting updates on the game via text and we were down almost the whole time. I finally got a text saying we were winning. It was the fourth quarter, all we had to so was hold 'em. Matthew is on defense so this was his time. It was the last play of the game and the ball was being thrown to his side of the field...he was running toward the ball. Another defender was there too, but the opponent caught the ball until Matthew made his final attempt and the ball came loose. The game was over and Matthew had helped save the game. One of the coaches lifted him up in gratitude. I wish I had been there, but the stories will have to do. With only a few hours at home, it was now time to get ready for the homecoming dance. We drove to TCs house to meet up with the others and took some pictures.

After meeting everyone, we dropped the kids off at the dance (and Dan too because he was helping chaperone). Three hours later I was back to pick everyone up. It sure looked like everyone had a good time, but why stop there? The after party was just some chow at Nick's Barbecue. Dan and I went for a drink, but only found a place for coffee. Finally it was time to pick Matthew up and go home. It sure was a long day, but one we will always remember!

While all this was going on, Sarah and Colin decided to decorate the house for halloween. Well, I guess decorating your toes is part of the deal for Colin too! The house does look great, though. Thanks guys, you did a great job.

Boo!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Dwyers Busy Day by Richard Scarry (spelling) Yea Matthew! Very clever Sarah and Colin!!!