Thursday, October 29, 2009

Crazy Hat Day

Those are some crazy hats! After I took the kids to school yesterday, I had the pleasure of meeting one of my Nutcracker friends, M, at the Joffrey Tower so we could shop the Costume Vault. This is the first time that Joffrey has done anything like this and we were both eager to partake. You never know what you might find at something like this. They did have a preview and silent auction the night before, and we got there an hour after the sale started, but there was still plenty to look through. Sarah had practically given me a list, in order of preference, of what she wanted me to find. Since she is only familiar with the Nutcracker costumes, her list was exclusively Nutcracker. Sadly, there were no Nutcracker costumes, but M and I did find crazy hats of our own. We also found several sets of pink leotards and skirts. We both bought a set for our daughters. As it turns out, they appear to be from the 70's and the names in them are from principal dancers of the time; DeAngelo and Arthur. Charthel Arthur is currently one of the Ballet Masters and is very involved with the children's cast for the Nutcracker. Having a bit of Joffrey history is very exciting. There were tv cameras there and I knew they were filming me looking through the racks, but I tried not to pay attention. Well, at around 9:30 the phone rang and I made it into the segment on the news. I received two other calls and a text, but have yet to see it myself. My 2 seconds of fame are over. Only 14 minutes and 58 seconds to go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boots, What about your few minutes of fame when you were 9 and did an ad for a bank? That must have been at least a minute or two !!!

Mb said...

Oh you are right. Let's say I have have 13 minutes and 58 seconds to go then. Thanks mom!