Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Third Worst
The weather forecasters were right. Blizzard 2011 hit with vengeance. This is what the back step looked like around six this morning. Quite a difference from last night!!
After getting a current weather report, Matthew and I went out to shovel. It was at least ten or eleven inches deep. I like shoveling, but this was a lot. We just had to take it slow with lots of breaks. We concentrated on the part of the driveway that I would drive on to go to work but just as Dan and Matthew were about to finish I got a call saying the bank would not be opening today. I got a snow day too!! It started to snow again so I came inside. When it had stopped I took one more picture of the back step.
I waited just a little too long because when I first look you couldn't see any of the black of the compost bin but I think you get the idea. I liked how the snow on the neighbors roof was sliding down.
Macki just liked being out in the snow. He even took a nap at one point.
But the highlight of this snow day was the igloo that Matthew decided to build. He recruited Colin and Sarah (although she went sledding with friends after a short while) and things were looking good.
And then Matthew's lost his grip on the container of snow and knocked part of the wall down. In trying to fix it, he knocked the other side down. This only dampened his spirits for a short time. They marked out a new spot for an even better igloo and this one is looking great.
I can't wait to gather together for dinner tomorrow night in the igloo. The kids don't have school again tomorrow so I expect it will be done when I get home from work. I am excited. I have never been in an igloo before.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow!! I can't imagine what I would serve in an igloo!! What a fun family dinner.
I don't know what dinner in an igloo would be but my guess is that dessert would either be "ice" cream or an "Eskimo" pie!
Post a Comment