Two nights, three dances. How is it that one weekend can have so much fun?? Matthew was the big winner because he was the one who had a dance each night. He was invited to the MM Dance on Friday night. He went with a friend from grammar school who he hadn't talked to since grammar school. Why should that matter? Well it didn't at all.

Do you like the smile?

It turned out to be a fun night and you can't ask for much more than that.
Friday was also the Father Daughter dance, a Hawaiian theme this year. Sarah was pondering her evening while waiting for Dad.

She suffers from the same thing I did as a child; sticking her tongue out when concentrating. I can think of worse things, but it really isn't very pretty. Dad donned his best Hawaiian shirt, posed for a quick picture and headed off to dance the night away.

Since everyone else was busy, Colin and I decided to go out on a date of our own. He wanted to go the a local restaurant, go home and play some games and then watch a movie.

Two outta three ain't bad. We never got to play some games because after dinner we were both pretty full so decided watching a movie would come first. We made up for it in the morning and played an exciting game of backgammon.
Saturday was the Mother Son Dance which I was looking forward to since last year was so much fun. While I am wearing a new dress, you may notice Matthew has the same clothes (freshly washed I assure you) on.

I honestly can't justify buying lots of dress clothes for someone who will not only grow out of them quickly but will only wear them a few times. C'est la vie. Matthew and I struck a pose and were ready to go.

A mass started the evening which by the end had many if not all of the mother's in tears. I decided that they should have tucked a tissue inside the program (note for next year). We headed off to the gym which was transformed into ballroom with a Valentine's Day theme. No details were forgotten

and plenty of dancing took place.

I still can't believe how much fun a bunch of high school guys can have dancing with each other.
Overall, it was a great weekend with several basketball games, a shopping trip with Sarah and some Super Bowl parties mixed in. I can't wait to get to work and rest!!!
1 comment:
You said it
Post a Comment