Monday, February 21, 2011
Popovers
I participated in an email recipe exchange a while ago and got a couple of recipes that I wanted to try. Since I had the day off today I decided to try the Popovers recipe.
They didn't really end up looking like the Popovers I remember having as a kid, but they were light and airy. I can't remember the name of the restaurant we used to go to (I think it was by Olken's) but the only thing I ever remember getting there was Popovers. I don't think I have had any since nor do I think the restaurant is there any more. It is always nice to look back on a childhood memory and have it bring a smile to your face. Any one want a Popover??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The restaurant near Olkens was called POPOVERS.....but I don"t recall popovers on the menu. I do remember some place that served them. I'll check with Aunt Lee and get back to you!..Oh,and both Olkens and Popovers are gone.
p.s. Cait says she remembers the Popovers at POPOVERS. Mea Culpa!!
Post a Comment