Thursday, February 17, 2011

My Basilo

I had never heard of Basilo until Colin came home saying he would be playing him in the Opera "The Barber of Seville" (which I had heard of). Several months ago Colin had a field trip to the Opera House downtown. They get to go backstage and see what goes on behind the scenes. They even get to see the costumes. This is all in preparation for the opera they will be performing at school. So today, I got to go to the opera.Basilo enters in Act I Scene II and promptly sings a moving song.
I am not sure where the wig came from but he did a great job.

In Act II the Count has disguised himself as the Music Teacher's assistant to spend some more time with his Rosina when Basilo, who is supposed to be very ill, walks in and causes some panic and confusion.
As with any great love story, the couple marries and everyone is happy.
Bravo!! I loved every minute of it.

3 comments:

Mel said...

This looks like such fun and I think Colin's wig rocks!

Anonymous said...

I loved The Barber of Seville.....and by the way, is that the red robe that hangs in "my" closet?

Diane Dwyer said...

Bravo Colin!