Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Blizzard 2011

The only topic of conversation over the last couple of days has been the impending blizzard. They are predicting two feet of snow, but the latest weather report had an updated figure of less than that for our area. We will just have to wait until tomorrow afternoon to see the real damage.

All this talk about snow caused me to think back to prior snow storms. One year the snow banks were as tall as Colin.
Okay, he was only one at the time but it is true. We also had a large tree branch fall one year and knock some siding off the house.

It turned out to be a city tree so they paid for the repair and removed the tree. All's well that ends well.

The snow started in earnest around one o'clock today. I didn't go outside until the bank closed (it closed early due to the weather) but I did call home and ask the boys to shovel so that I wouldn't have to drive over the snow and pack it down. Matthew called back saying it was too 'blizzardy' but I said they should just do the best that they could. Lo and behold they had shoveled but the snow was still piling up. After dinner we went out and shoveled again, about five inches this time. Everytime I turned around the snow had blown all over and it barely looked like we had done anything but I keep telling myself we will be so happy in the morning knowing we don't have the seven or eight inches already shoveled. We'll see how happy we are.

The gloominess had actually settled in over Chicago early

but the snow hasn't stopped.
I think I can count one billion snow flakes in this picture. Let's see how many there are tomorrow.

No comments: