Thursday, November 19, 2009

Play on Words?

"Mom, can I have Incarnation Breakfast today?" Colin asked. This may sounds a bit funny to you, but at our house this is what we call Carnations Instant Breakfast. a year and a half ago when Colin broke his jaw after falling off his bike, we had to get a little creative in what he could eat/drink. A friend suggested Carnation Instant Breakfast, and it was a big hit from the beginning. Except Colin kept calling it Incarnation Breakfast. He was obviously combining the first two words, but Incarnation is also the name of another grammar school in town. So next time you want some Carnation Instant Breakfast, just think of Colin and ask for Incarnation Breakfast. It is sure to bring a smile to your face.


I have an aside for this too. My best friend growing up, M, always had Carnation Instant Breakfast before school. I couldn't believe her mother would let her have it because my mother wouldn't let me have it for breakfast. Of course, this is my recollection, but I am not sure I ever even wanted it. Mom, any thoughts?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Quite frankly, I have no recollection of any dispute re: instant breakfast. I do know that if Maria had it you probably wanted it too!