Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Pdiddle

The Urban Dictionary defines a pdiddle as "when one headlight of a car is out and one is on". This is actually a term that I had forgotten about until about ten days ago. Dan has had a string of bad luck with his car; he was ticketed by a red light enforced camera, then his car was towed downtown and a few days later he noticed he only had one headlight. He dared not drive it at night until he got it replaced because of his string of bad luck. He has been taking my car when he needed to travel at night. Well...

can you believe this morning my headlight went out???? I received a text from Matthew, in fact, letting me know. So here is my logic. I am only a few miles short of my next oil change so while I get my oil changed, I'll have the mechanic replace the headlight. I will schedule this for Friday morning. There is one flaw in the logic, I had to go pick up Colin at practice this evening (it dark in the evening now) and Dan also had to be somewhere tonight. What are the odds, I say, of getting pulled over on the day you notice your headlight out? Well as it turns out in my case it is 100% chance. I got pulled over on the way to pick Colin up. I couldn't believe it. Wait until Dan hears. He is going to get a good chuckle. And he likes to chuckle. The officer was very nice and just asked for my license and insurance, which I had, and then ran my license "since we are here". Of course, everything was fine and then he wished me a nice evening. Phew!

Just a little aside about the pdiddle thing. I remember driving home from ballet with my teacher several times each week. I don't think I was much of a conversationalist in high school, because all I remember doing on these trips is counting pdiddles to myself. I would see at least three each trip! Where are the police when you need them? Ha Ha.

ps here is the text from Matthew. if i had to show the policeman it really happened today I had proof. Texting is awesome!

1 comment:

Mel said...

Just fixed my own pdiddle! I didn't get pulled over though...I guess the police have more to do over here!!