The day started early because I had to make my chili for the contest before going downtown with Sarah for rehearsal. Mind you, I had never made Matt's Championship Chili before(taken from Wicked Good Food by Matt Williams) that required a few ingredients that I have never even heard of. Can you say nervous? But it had previously won a contest so I was willing to take the risk! (ha ha) A quick taste of the chili before heading downtown eased my mind, because it was in fact delicious. Sarah and I then went downtown for rehearsal and encountered the most peculiar parking garage 'maze' you can imaging. They had orange and white horses with Caution tape taking up most of each floor and it didn't get any better the higher you went. It was taking so long to maneuver within the parking garage, we were running the risk of being late for rehearsal. Luckily that didn't happen, but then rehearsal ran 10 minutes longer than scheduled (in my three of going to these rehearsals they have NEVER run late) and of course this was the day that we had to leave right on time to get back to the house so Sarah could meet up with her friends for trick or treating. Sigh. We got on the road as soon as we could and sped all the way home with no traffic (finally something in our favor). Sarah was now on her way with her group of friends for trick or treating and would meet back at the block party. Now I had to get Colin and his trick or treating coordinated. Matthew had already taken off for his afternoon of antics about ten seconds after we arrived home. I probably wouldn't see him for six or seven hours, I thought. Yuck! So now Colin and I met up with a few friends for our trick or treating fun before getting the block party up and running, chili contest and all. The party was a huge success, everyone had a great time and it was a Happy Halloween.
Oh, one last thing. Every year I look so forward to seeing pictures of my nephews in their Halloween costumes. They usually have a theme which sometimes includes my sister and brother-in-law. This year the theme was Greek Gods (how awesome does that sound) so I just had to share the picture of my nephews Apollo, Dionysus and Hermes. Don't they look incredible???
1 comment:
Don't tell Matt W. that you didn't win the Chili contest!!
Post a Comment