Monday, November 30, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Typically you might hear someone say the a picture is worth a thousand words, but these pictures are worth so much more. This year I had family come from MA and CO to have a long awaited thanksgiving meal together. When I say long awaited, I really mean 28 years. That is how long it had been since I had spent thanksgiving with my family. Most of them were able to come out and enjoy the chaos with nine children, seven adults and two dogs. The week started with everyone arriving over two days. The next day was spent grocer shopping and baking. Here my brother and nephews are making the required three apple pies made with ten pounds of macintosh apples. They were delicious, yum.

We also enjoyed some music played by the kids. Here is my nephew playing his clarinet. He played a great Star Wars Overture.

The next day was Thanksgiving and of course we had a wonderful meal and great conversation. The girls couldn't wait to 'do' the wish bone. K got the big end and blurted out her wish.

The next night the boys had a bonfire outside and roasted marshmallows, while the girls were inside with a small gathering of friends showing off jupitergirl originals.


We capped off a great week with a trip downtown to see a few Chicago sights and taste a real Chicago hot dog. Truly, anytime spent with family is treasured and worth well more than a thousand words.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Looks like a perfect holiday!