Sunday, November 14, 2010

Recall

I received a recall notice on my 2000 Ford Windstar recently. The problem was with the rear axle. It could crack and/or break which is a serious problem. I took my car to the nearest dealer to be checked and in fact my rear axle is cracked which renders the car undrivable. Ford has, therefore, rented a car for me until the axle can be replaced, which as it turns out will be May 2010. This sounds like a decent deal for me but when I get to the rental place all they have is a 2010 Chevy Suburban.I can barely see over the hood and felt like I was sitting in a driver's seat that was much too big for me. I couldn't really bend my legs while sitting in the driver's seat because this car us just HUGE! I was able to trade it in for a Chrysler Town & Country minivan, which by the way has all the bells and whistles you could think of. This car is much more comfortable for me to drive and will take me through the Chicago winter months. This might actually be a blessing in disguise.

ps. I hate cars.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

let me know how I can recognize you when you pick me up at the airport. Actually sounds like a good deal...a 2010 model for a 2000!!!