Then he looked at the next set of x-rays that were taken ten minutes after the clavical stabilizer was put on and said "We don't need surgery".
Boy are we glad the stabilizer was used! Matthew is still in a lot of pain but it seems as though things are moving in the right direction. He is going to go to school tomorrow. My fingers will be crossed all day hoping he makes it through. It is going to be tough because at this point he can't write so I am hoping that school has come creative ideas on how to help him finish out the semester. We go back for more x-rays in four weeks. He will be wearing the stabilizer that whole time so let's hope it keeps working the way it has so far.
3 comments:
I totally gasped out loud when I saw that first x-ray. What a mess, but I am glad Matt avoided surgery.
I'm obviously not a radiologist,because I don't see the difference in the x-rays!...but as long as the Doc can that's all that matters. Keep Stabilizing!!
I too am a football mom and have seen multiple breaks this season in other players. TJ so far has only suffered a mild concussion and sprained ankle. His teammate broke his ankle this past Saturday. One game left then I can hopefully breathe again. Good luck with your boy (a friend of melissa's)
Post a Comment