Nutcracker auditions were today. We were a little nervous about how it would go because Sarah has grown quite a bit. She isn't the same girl that she was seven years ago when she first auditioned.

When we arrived they asked us to check in and get measured before going up to the third floor. Our worst fears were realized. They wouldn't let her go up for the audition. Sarah texted her friend that was coming down to audition and told her what happened. When MS got there they hugged and decided that we should try again. We walked back in together and KG, the gal in charge, could see that Sarah was upset so she came to talk with us. She said that we could go up for the official measurement (which is what I had asked for before) and go through the audition process, but if she measured over five feet she wouldn't be accepted. We all went up stairs and got the girls ready to go. When they were gone I was a nervous wreck. I was glad that RS and her friend were there to help pass the time because those two hours would have just crept by and I don't know what I would have done. We actually were able to enjoy the CSO rehearse for their concert tonight at the Pritzker Pavilion in Millenium Park. It was terrific.
We headed back to the Joffrey Tower and still we waited. Finally Sarah came down with the coveted papers in her hand. She had made it!! Everyone was so happy but we know that this will definitely be the last year. We are going to try and make it the best.
Now we just have to wait to see in what role she has been cast. I will be holding my breath.
2 comments:
Oh thank goodness! I know how much Sarah wanted this!! I can't wait to see what role she gets. What a happy day for all of you!!
GO SARAH!!! How did you manage to shrink an inch in 2 hours????? I always knew you were very clever!
Post a Comment