Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Old Memories

These past weeks have been crazier and busier than ever and tonight was no exception. Tonight Sarah had ballet and I usually stay during her lesson and catch up on some 'me time' by just reading the newspaper or doing a crossword but tonight Colin had a project to finish (and start too) so I dropped her off and came home to learn all I ever wanted to know about the digestive systems of humans and sea turtles. Once I got Colin tracing the two different systems it was time to go pick Sarah up so off I went. The tracing went well and things were coming together nicely when the power went out! We have been experiencing very high winds which I assume caused the outage. After stumbling around in the dark I found a candle and helped to light the project while Colin did some coloring.
I was immediately brought back to the time when I was about Colin's age and working on a project about Abraham Lincoln (a more pleasant project for sure) by candlelight in the dining room on Brook Street.

The power came back on about fifteen minutes later and we managed to get everything together. The gluing will happen in the morning but I think he has done a great job.

2 comments:

Mel said...

Welcome back!! I have missed you. Glad Colin can work in the dark!

Anonymous said...

Whew! I thought you were leading a very dull life! Glad to hear fun things(like black outs) are once again happening. Go Colin!!!