Monday, March 15, 2010

St. Patrick's Day Party

It was the Sunday before St. Patrick's Day so the Dwyers were getting together again this year even thought there was no Southside parade. This year, however, the party was moved to our house. This meant that Grama Dwyer had to bring over the 32 pounds of corned beef and 15 pounds of red potatoes to our house to cook (along with her large pots for the cooktop). At one point I said to Dan "I am feeling really Irish right now as I sit here peeling potatoes with your mother while listening to the Irish Tenors!" The music continued as everyone filtered in. We even had our newest clanmember come all decked out (bib included).

After dinner we had the next generation Irish dancers show off their stuff.

Even Macki was getting into spirit of the day.

You always have to take a nice nap! Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy St Patrick's day to you ! With love from your Irish half!!

Mel said...

Whoa! 32# of corned beef? Now that's what I'm talkin' about!!