Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Found

I have several small decorative flags that I hang out by the lightpost in the front yard. Currently my Irish at Heart flag is displayed because St. Patrick's Day is approaching.

However, I had to hang this flag much earlier than I normally would because my heart flag went missing shortly after Valentine's Day. It was the strangest thing. I just kept thinking that it would show up when all the snow melted thinking that it had blown off the flag holder. Even though I kept saying that I didn't really believe it.

Then today, a beautifully warm day, on the way to take Sarah and Colin to school I noticed a pinkish pile at the base of our lilac bush across the other side of the house. Could it be? Colin ran out to see. The heart flag had been found! I was thrilled. My crazy thinking was right. It must have blown off the holder and gotten stuck in a pile of snow and then when the snow melted....ta da there it was. My anniversary is coming up next month, so now I can hang my heart flag again soon. Until then, we remain Irish at Heart.

No comments: