Monday, January 17, 2011

Long Weekend

I have been waiting for this long weekend for months now although I didn't realize it until yesterday. Even though my blog has been severely, okay entirely, lacking in content, my life has not. The fall was filled with football, ballet, Nutcracker rehearsals and high school open houses and lead right into a fabulous Nutcracker run. Oh yeah, there were birthdays and Christmas squeezed in there too. Most days after work have been spent cooking, cleaning, helping with homework and driving to and from a lot of different places. Tuesdays are dedicated to my other jobs and are often very late nights.

All this has led me to this long weekend where I took the time to rejuvenate. We had only a few things scheduled so in between I didn't worry about the house or the homework or the cooking. In fact, the highlight of the weekend was visiting with our very favorite Nutcracker family friends the Elsmos. We had tried on two other occasions to get together and both times fell through so we were all very excited to finally be getting together. We were greeted at the door with big smiles and even bigger hugs...and smells of the most wonderful Mexican themed dinner. Mmmmmmmm. The food was fabulous but the conversations and laughter were delightful. I feel so fortunate to have the Elsmo's as friends and truly treasure the time we spend together. I also hope the friendships the kids have made will last.

We will be hosting the next get together so I better start planning now. At least I won't forget my camera! Mel got some great pictures (I already stole the one of the food) that you can see on her blog at elsmofour.blogspot.com.

2 comments:

Mel said...

Sooo happy you could join us!! The hugs were my favorite part, too! Can't wait until next time and in the meantime, I can't wait to see some pictures of Zeke posted here. xox

Anonymous said...

So happy you are back!! Relax and stay awhile.