Wednesday, August 25, 2010

First Day

Summer is officially over. Today was the first day of fifth grade for Colin and eight grade for Sarah. We took our typical first day of school picture (look at the smiles).
And then ten girls came over to take more pictures.

Sarah invited all of them for their last first day of St. Alexander School (she even served donut holes). Once the pictures were all taken, they walked to school.
Mind you, Sarah has never voluntarily walked to school in the last eight years, and my guess is she won't. I might tell her she has to, but it won't be voluntary. Oh, the power in numbers. After they left (Colin couldn't wait...so many girls!), Colin hopped in the car with me, we ran to the post office and the bank and still beat them. Since Colin couldn't wait to see some boys, he gravitated right toward a few buddies.

Then I managed to get a picture of Sarah and her long time friend MB.

This is the ninth straight year we have taken this picture! I feel like I really accomplished something (how funny). Here's hoping for a great school year.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Wow! It is like looking a beautiful plaid army! Good luck to the entire Bboots crew on the start of another school year!