Monday, September 21, 2009

A Great Weekend

Sarah will be performing the Nutcracker again this year. She found out that she has been cast as a soldier again this year. Honestly, she was disappointed, but enjoys the whole experience so much she is ready to put her best foot forward and beat the Mouse King one more time! We are so proud of her and will be there cheering her on every night!!
Friday evening, I was all by myself so I took the opportunity to go to my friends house and enjoy an evening of wonderful food, terrific stories and a little bit of wine. I was home by ten and had to wait over an hour for the last of the bunch to arrive home from Friday night High School football games. I had just enought time to get a decent night's sleep before waking up early to get Matthew to school in time to hop the bus to the game. By the time I got home (I did stop and get donuts and run into M's World History teacher) it was time to get back in the car to go se Matthew's game. It may look he is questioning the play, but he did know what he was doing and the team won!
Sarah had just enough time to start staining the exterior walls of the tree house before we all headed to a friend's house for some Cincinnati five way chili. I know the tree house was started four months ago, but it is going to get done before the weather turns. I am crossing my fingers, anyway. After having to cancel the evening last weekend, we were so looking forward to getting together with a family that we had met through Nutcracker. They are a fabulous foursome and the kids get along famously. Matthew, at the last minute was a little tentative on going because he had just gotten a text about some of his grade school friends getting together for the evening, but I told him we had already planned a family evening and that we would all be heading out to OP together. When we arrived, we were immediately greeted on the front step with great excitement. The next six hours went by so fast. The chili smelled wonderful on the way out to the lovely back yard and deck. After catching up for a short time, we went inside to catch the Diners, Drive-ins and Dives episode that Mel found herself in a few months ago. She had so many shots during the short segment that she now gets VIP treatment when she stops by The Depot. We might have to try it next time we are in the neighborhood. Next came Cincinnati five way chili. It was different than any other chili I have ever had, but we all enjoyed every bite and then enjoyed seconds after that. We saw very little of Sarah, E and J because they were very busy having their own good time. It was a great surprise to see J and I know Sarah liked catching up with her as well. As for Colin and F, they were having a great time playing in the backyard with anything they could find. Then they would head inside for a short time and reappear with even more energy. They finally settled into watching a movie which allowed the rest of us to enjoy conversations that ranged from frightening to just ridiculous. We were having so much fun, Matthew even commented to me that he was glad that he came, because he was having a good time and had forgotten how cool Mel and L were. Thank you for a terrific time, and we can't wait to do it again. Oh, this was the only picture that we took and it certainly doesn't really show what a terrific evening we had, but it is Lucy all the way. Mel, your picturew were much better. haha

The weekend wasn't over because we still had a football game to attend and I had the Freshman mothers tea at STL. Once the tea was over, I rushed to get to the game, but had just missed it. But why stop there, why not tell your kids they can invite ten kids over to watch the rest of the NFL game and a movie! A few hours later, everyone had gone home and we had just enough time to cram for a Monday morning science test. It was a great weekend and I wouldn't trade a minute of the insanity for anything:)




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHEW!!!!!

Mel said...

Whoa I was going to post the exact same word as emmacar! I had such a great time and we were so glad you could come! Your family is just wonderful and you should be very proud of them. I am looking forward to the next time. You can see the pictures here...

http://elsmofour.blogspot.com/2009/09/bboots-crew.html