Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Kitchen Table

Many wonderful things happen around the kitchen table. Of course, the most obvious things are the daily meals. We have many a wonderful meal at our kitchen table that encompasses recaps of the day and can sometimes end in heaps of laughter. We have also had many a craft session at the kitchen table, making everything from our christmas cards to beaded anklets for sixteen six year olds. Just last year, the kitchen table had become puzzle central for at least three months so we took to eating all of our meals at the kitchen island. I did imagine all of these kinds of things taking place at the kitchen table. I was surprised, however, when the other day the kitchen table became...


a ping pong table! Colin found a ping pong paddle so of course he wanted to play ping pong. I resurrected a table tennis kit Matthew had received as a gift a few years ago and, wha-la, instant ping pong table right in the middle of the kitchen. We have been having a great time for a week now and haven't taken down the net for our meals yet. Why not, I say, if it gets the kids off the computer or out from in front of the tv. I can't wait to see what is next for our kitchen table.

No comments: