Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Blending Traditions

Easter morning is great fun at our house. The Easter Bunny hides all of the eggs we dyed and he also hides the easter baskets. It can take up to fifteen minutes for the kids to find all the hidden treasure on Easter morning. The trick is, you can only find your own eggs/basket, so if you happen across someone else's you have to leave it there and then just tease the other person about how they haven't found everything yet. In my day the Easter Bunny used to have us hunt for chocolate eggs. As for the easter baskets, we would put out our Easter bonnets (hats) on the dining room table and then on Easter morning they would be filled with our baskets!! I always thought that was pretty cool. Then Dan tells me about what his Easter Bunny used to do and the kids seemed to have more fun with that. So the Easter Bunny, who really enjoys hiding stuff, gets to continue hiding eggs and baskets in our household. I am sure he is thrilled! Happy Easter (a few days late).

2 comments:

Mel said...

Phew...I thought you dropped off the blogoshere!

Mb said...

I know. It has been crazy here.