Monday, February 16, 2009

Knob Art

One of the things I love about old houses is all the old glass doorknobs they used to use. Dan and I have owned two such houses and now have a plethora of great old glass doorknobs. In an effort to tidy our garage landing, Dan made some knob art (a name he coined) for the kids to hang their coats etc. Well, being in an unheated garage, that didn't go over so well with the kids when having to put on cold coats before going out in the cold. So...a 'short' while later, Dan and Sarah embarked on a new knob art project that would be in our back hallway. Dan had the basic plan, but Sarah wanted to add some of her wonderful flair. After several weekends of father and daughter working together (quite well I might add), they have finished the pieces for all of the kids; each with their first initial. There are also like pieces with double hooks on them, because you always have more to hang. The project will be completed when a few more pieces are done for Mom and Dad and of course a few guests. As it turns out, there will be one extra large piece of wood for which I have a special idea...

No comments: